Image Map

2.07.2013

As Sisters In Zion: Sister Killian


So I actually know this lovely lady personally! She is a wonderful person, plus she's hilarious, and a fantastic example of what a Latter-day Saint should be! She will be a great missionary! :)
Make sure to also check out the other sisters who have been posted on Mo's blog, and for the others who have been posted 'round these parts, click here!




Sister Tasha Mae Killian
Called to serve in the Peru Lima East Mission


Did the age change affect you? 
Yes and no. No because I turned 21 three days before the announcement and yes because now I get to serve with lots of ladies younger than I and share my "old lady wisdom" with the younger sisters!
Did you always want to serve a mission? Why/why not? 
Nope. I thought I would move to Utah to get married. Seriously that was the plan. Haha! But instead of marrying my future husband, I met a lot of sister missionaries and began thinking about serving. I took it to The Lord and he said "yep, I need you to serve." So, almost exactly two years before I'm scheduled to head to Peru, I decided to serve.
Where did you want to be called? Why? 
Narnia or Gotham City. The people of Narnia are ready to hear the gospel and the people of Gotham City really need it. {Haha :) }
Was your call surprising? How do you feel about it? 
I had a strong feeling I'd be speaking Spanish. When I read Peru, I felt like it was home. I've never been there, but it just feels like home.
Share an interesting missionary experience or story. 
My best friend is a convert. He was baptized when he was 20 right before I met him. His dad is a member but not active. One day, while his parents were in town, they met the elder who baptized him. His father shook this Elder's hand and thanked him for all he's done for his son. It was such a cool thing! I love that the gospel changes lives and brings so much into the families. My best friend is now in Russia helping others find the gospel the way he has! 
Why are you serving? 
I want nothing more than to let others know about our Savior and the love he has for them. I know I'm loved and that I am a child of God and I want others to know that too.
Any advice for future sisters or girls still deciding? 
First PRAY. seriously prayer is the number one way you'll be able to know. Second, go with your local missionaries, be a ward mission, and search out missionary experiences. The Lord will help you know if a full time mission I'd for you while you learn to serve.

Any other thoughts? 
My call has been changed a few times, never where I'm serving, just when. My mission has been postponed a month. It's nuts, but I've learned The Lord is in control. Seriously he's the one in charge. He knows where when and how you're needed. Trust his plan. The guy knows what he's doing! Faith is so important and I promise if you will do your best to learn to trust, you'll feel the confirmation and joy that comes from knowing the decisions you've made are what's best!

"And it came to pass that after I had prayed and labored with all diligence, the Lord said unto me: I will grant unto thee according to thy desires, because of thy faith." --Enos 1:12

--Sister Tasha Killian

Sister Killian leaves next Wednesday, the 13th, so good luck to her! For more information on the Peru Lima East Mission, check out Elder Van Komen's blog

1 comment: