Image Map

2.04.2014

A new convert and more to come...

What a week it was. We had ups and downs but in the end, we made it once again to 20 lessons, and we are planning on doing the same this week, if not more! We are going to help this branch grow yet! 

Speaking of the branch growing, Rl is now officially a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints! :) He was confirmed yesterday and he's going strong. We had a dinner appointment with him last week with familie Van Den Berg and in our lesson we talked about enduring to the end. It was fantastic, but the best part was actually when we were walking to the bus stop to go home. He walked with us because his house is in the same direction. We asked him if he's been inviting friends to church. He said yes, there haven't been any positive responses yet but he's not giving up. He said something about "our church" and I just had this rush of happiness! He's fully a member! He's accepted this gospel as his!

Jb is now working towards baptism on the 15th of February. He's definitely a little bit worried about everything he has to give up. But he's trying so hard! He bought a pack of cigarettes on Saturday, smoked two, and then gave them to some random guy he met on the street who didn't smoke and told him to get rid of them. He also told us a cool story last week about how someone told him he'd left €40 somewhere and tried to give it to him. He told them no, it wasn't his. As he was telling us, he said "I'm changing! A few weeks ago I would have just taken it, whether it was mine or not!" And he IS changing. So much. It's hard to believe we only met him like a month ago!

A-S, of whom I don't think I've said much, has chosen to  be baptized on the 22nd of February. What an incredible, prepared person. He's a Messianic Jew. We met him in the library a few weeks ago and started teaching him... He loves it. He does his homework, too! And then some. He was, however, very hesitant to respond positively when we asked him if he would be baptized if he received an answer that it was true. He's been reading in the Book of Mormon and praying about it all and last Friday we found out that he's received his answer, and wants to be baptized! We've still got a bunch to teach him, but wow. Sometimes I just have to stop for a second and think about the truth of this Gospel. It changes people! I think that was the time this week that I felt the most faith. God answers prayers, and he cares about us so much, and His son made it possible for us to be happy now and forever and to return to live with Him and His Father. I know that!

I am so grateful for the opportunity I have to serve with Sister Clement here in Turnhout. I have learned so much here so far, and look forward to learning more! I can truly say that I believe this place has been my "turning point". My faith has grown so much, though it still has so much further to go!

Y'all are my favorites. :)
 Love, Zuster Anjewierden

This is us with A-S... Yeah. :)






PS Yes I'm surviving the cold. It's super warm today! 

No comments:

Post a Comment