Image Map

2.27.2014

New Companion!

Transfers were really exciting... Haha I was with a group of only elders for like 3 or so hours and it was... Eye-opening. So glad I have a companion. Elders are great but goodness they're weird. 

It was hard to see Sister Clement go. She has truly become one of my best friends and we ended up not being able to really say goodbye to each other... it was probably for the best. But I really miss her every so often. We made so many memories down here! 

BUT. Sister Mizell and I get along swimmingly. :) She's having a hard time with Flemish but it'll come. It's weird to be the only one who knows what these people are saying sometimes. I had forgotten that I'd had such a hard time with it! We've already been teaching in unity which is something that I've struggled with in other companionships and so I'm glad that we already flow so well with each other! 

It's so great to still be here in Turnhout. This has truly become sacred ground to me. I'll be honest, it's definitely been different without Sister Clement, but telling Sister Mizell all about it has helped me to really see how much I love this place and these people. 

We're having "crunch time" with Jb. this week as he is leaving for The Gambia on Saturday and there are no missionaries or churches there for him to go to until he gets back. It's kind of a scary feeling, but he's bringing his Book of Mormon with him, as well as a second one to give away, because he wants to share it. :) Having seen where he's come from... I'm just so happy thinking about the changes that he's made. He's using the Atonement. He's really just inspiring. I want to repent just like him! I want to be just as excited as he is and be able to answer a resounding YES to Alma's questions of "Can ye feel so now?"

A- S. has disappeared. We're not sure what's going on with him but all we can do is pray and keep trying to reach him... It's hard, knowing that he's had that confirmation that it's all true, but is choosing not to do anything about it... Lots of praying.

We found a really cool new investigator this week named Si. - he's Nigerian and he's SO prepared for the gospel. We went for our first appointment (actually to reschedule because we hadn't been able to find a joint teach) and ended up having a surprise member present lesson because his uncle was there and he's a member in Antwerpen! He has a solid testimony and he just seemed super happy that we were there! We're really excited :)

Random stuff -
-Nl. got baptized in a different church yesterday, as far as we last heard... How awkward is it going to be when we re-explain priesthood power and tell her that she has to be baptized again? Wahoooo. Haha.
-We taught a Word of Wisdom lesson to Gt. (one of our Belgian investigators. She has a handicapped son who we sing for every week. She's super sweet!) and found out that Sister Clement and I definitely broke it at her house last week - she fed us a dessert with Amarretto in it. Also awkward! Haha. I knew it tasted different...

SO MUCH LOVE. I miss you all to the moon and back.

Zuster Anjewierden

Our district

Me with Valentines stuff
The view down our street



No comments:

Post a Comment