Image Map

1.27.2014

Baptism and Brussels!

We ended up getting 20 lessons this week! It was beautiful. They definitely didn't come where we thought they would, but they did come! It was neat to go back through our week and realize that we've been having 3 lessons a week with quite a few of our investigators. We're really just loving life over here. It's certainly not always easy, but it's so, so worth it.

We are currently teaching two families - one from Romania (Familie D.) and one from Ghana (A., Jl., and their four sons). They are so wonderful, and they've truly been so prepared for the gospel! They've been pretty busy, but we've been able to have at least a couple lessons with them weekly. We're hoping to raise that number and get them to where they're truly progressing!

R’s baptism went really well! It was a beautiful service in both Dutch and Portuguese. :) It's gotten to where I can sometimes understand Portuguese, which is really fun! Sister Clement and I did Savior Redeemer of My Soul as a musical number and it went well considering we'd only practice a couple of times! There were fantastic talks by Sister Van Den Berg and Brother Arts on Baptism and the Holy Ghost, and then there was the baptism itself! There was a little bit of awkwardness as it was R's first time getting baptized and Brother Lolas' first time baptizing someone, but it all went fine and he's now half a member of the church until next Sunday when he gets confirmed. :) 

We got a ride with Ja. and Jo.(investigators) and I felt like I was on Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, but we did live.  Ja. has some incredible road rage though. It includes some not so nice words, which is hilarious, but doesn't provide an environment that invites the Spirit. We ended up on the way to Nederland and she just kept repeating a few choice words and saying things like "C'mon baby" which is also hilarious because she doesn't speak English. :) We eventually got it all figured out and came back home and all was well. :)

Jb. is doing well - not a ton to say but he came to church yesterday, which was wonderful. Like last week he was early. He is coming to a family home evening with us tonight. :)

Studying obedience was super interesting because at first as I read through the Isaiah chapters, I thought, "These don't have anything to do with obedience!" But the more I thought about it, the better I could see it. I want to be obedient to the Lord because I know what He's done for me, and I want to share that with people! I loved 2 Nephi 25:26 and 29 - that's why I want to be obedient.

We're doing super well over here. We're headed to Brussels today, so I'll probably have to send some pictures later. :) Love you so much and until later!!

Zuster Anjewierden


 PICTURES! Brussels... Manneken pis... Why? And drinking hot cocoa in our matching sweaters. We are cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment