Image Map

1.13.2014

So many Miracles!!!!

As I type this, I think Sister Clement is being picked up by a guy here in the library. She's setting up an appointment with him! WOOO. But also... This is missionary work, haha. He just left... Apparently he asked her to dinner. She explained that we're missionaries and now we're meeting with him on Saturday. We shall see how that goes...
 I want to (very first, before I say anything else) share our transfer goal for baptisms. We are planning on having four baptisms this transfer. Really the coolest thing about this goal is that we have names for even more than four! I'm really excited for this transfer. It's started out incredibly, and I know it has the potential to be the best transfer of my mission thus far. I am absolutely determined to make it be the best!
 We had lost a few baptismal dates but we gained a couple this week. We are back on track with a couple, but I want to share specifically about our newest one. On Tuesday Sister Clement and I wanted to have an appointment with Js. because one of the members, Sister N., had said that she could go on joint teach that night. We tried calling him but he didn't answer. We then tried V., who we hadn't met with in a while, in hopes that maybe he could meet that night, but he said he could not meet until the next day (more on that later). 
 After getting back from district meeting we ended up going to Js. apartment to see if he was there so that we could ask him about that night. He was not there, but we had another potential, A., who lived in the same building, so we figured we would ask him. We knocked on his door and he answered - his friend, Jb., was visiting him. We asked if we could come by around 7:30 and he said that was fine, but that he wouldn't be there at first, only Jb. would be. We thought it was all a little weird, but we were excited that we had an appointment to bring Sister N. to, so we finished our other plans for the day, and came back that night. 
 When Sister N. arrived, we explained the situation and headed in. A. did end up being there as well, but as we talked about the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, it was Jb. who was answering our questions, and who started to ask us more questions about it all! We finished up the meat of the lesson and we asked them both if they would be baptized. A. didn't really respond, but Jb. said, "You know, I've been wanting to make changes in my life. I drink, I smoke; there are a lot of things I really want to change in my life." He agreed to prepare to be baptized, to read the Book of Mormon, and to pray to know that it's all true! 
 When we had our return appointment yesterday, he told us that he had started the Book of Mormon. He explained to us the Testimony of Joseph Smith in the introduction. It was so neat because he truly understood it! We talked about the plan of salvation and you could almost see the clicking in his head. It was seriously incredible. At the end of the lesson, we asked him and A. if they would be baptized on the 15th of February. Again, A. didn't say much. Jb. said sure, but that he's coming to church before he makes any promises. :) "This is a choice that will change my life, and I want to make sure I know what I'm getting into!" What an incredible man. He is so prepared! I know that the Lord led us to him. I hope that we can touch A. as well, but the Lord sure works in mysterious ways! Jb. also told us that he had a dream that he was walking and talking with three women the week before we came the first time, and after we'd left, he told A. that he thought that was us. Who knows, but still cool!
 We had a really sad meeting with V., where we ended up telling him that he has our number and can call us if he'd like to know more... He ran into some anti-stuff and stopped reading the Book of Mormon. :( BUT, R.  is still on date (the 25th). We have an appointment with Js. this week and we'll see what's going on there. 
 We saw so many miracles this week. It was interesting that they all happened as we were studying diligence, because I sure didn't feel so diligent a couple of times, but it was when we pressed on that the miracles happened! We got soaked in the rain a couple times, all of our appointments cancelled, we ran out of back-up plans... But when we were diligent... When we prayed for help and continued on even though it was getting difficult, we found Jb., a beautiful Czech family of parents and 4 daughters, and a big extended Romanian family which includes a woman who has really great memories of meeting with missionaries a few years back! I will keep you updated on them all as more happens with them.
 I love my mission, you guys. Seriously, it's incredible. It's just like everyone always says- it's SO HARD. But. It's so WORTH IT. The Gospel is true. I know that for a surety! 
 Thank you so much for all your prayers. I love you so much. :)
 Zuster Anjewierden
1- our last district meeting
2- a not so attractive but very accurate depiction of Thursday... WET
3- zone sisters at zone conference

No comments:

Post a Comment