Image Map

1.06.2014

2014- A New Year! Transfers?

It's always great to look back on the week and see the great things that have happened! This week is no different, there were many great things that happened. I mean first, it's a new year so... Happy new year!!!!

New Year's Eve was spent inside! We did get out of bed at 12 and go bang pots and pans and watch some fireworks out our window, mostly because they were so loud that we couldn't sleep anyway. But yeah. :) (Side note: We had to be off the streets and inside by 3:00 p.m.)

First things first, Sister Clement and I were SHOCKED when the Zone Leaders called us this morning and told us that we were both staying! Of all of the scenarios we'd thought of, that one didn't even cross our minds! Or at least my mind, I guess I can't speak for her. Sister Clement will have been in Turnhout for almost half of her mission by the end of this next one! Too weird, I'd already been in two cities and was headed to the next one when I was where she is now.

We are very excited for another great transfer here in Turnhout. Our first and biggest goal this transfer is to get people baptized! We didn't do that last transfer, which means there should definitely be enough people this transfer to make up for it! We haven't set a specific goal yet, but we do know that we want to change things up a bit - get out of our habits and have a great transfer with fresh ideas! Stay tuned.

In other news, we lost a few baptismal dates, but we are determined to get them back on date as soon as possible. We know that it's so important for them to have that goal, and to really strive toward something! We are super blessed with those we still have though. R. is amazing. We are so excited for him! It's so amazing that we put so much time and effort into some people to help them to come closer to Christ through baptism, but when someone is really, really, incredibly ready, it just feels basically like we aren't doing a thing! When we challenged him to fast last week, he said absolutely, yes, he would do that, because he's done it before and seen the miracles it can bring. WOW. J. is now also on date! S. and S. are doing renovations so we can't meet for like another week but I have high hopes for them!!

We saw a lot of huge life changes this week (in other people's lives, I mean). One was that J. and I., who dropped us a few weeks ago, now have a new baby! Sister Clement saw I. on the street on exchanges with Sister Brophy and he said that we could come see him, so we did on Saturday. We were able to talk to J. a bunch about how a new baby really is such a miracle, and how it can help someone to feel closer to God. She said that she'd been pondering a lot of things like "Why am I here" and "What comes after this life" since little A.  was born. How neat! They said they'll continue reading the Book of Mormon... I truly believe that they will see the truth of it all someday!

I loved spending a day in Gent on exchanges with Sister Meier. It has been a while since I've been temporary companions with someone from my MTC group! It was really neat to see how far we've come, but also to talk about how far we still have to go. I loved learning from her example that day and look forward to doing so again soon!

I didn't know what to do with myself not having a Christlike attribute assigned this week, so I did kind of a review. I must say though, I must have still been more focused on hope than the others or something because I just felt like I continued to learn many things about it. That and patience. Also... Charity. Okay, maybe it was all of them. I loved the chapter and section assigned for this week though. As I read Doctrine and Covenants 67, I saw so much of myself in it - specifically verse 3. I think that I've had too many fears this last little while. How can I expect the Lord to come through on His promises if I don't make good on mine to Him, and strive to act as He would - no respecter of persons, and with the charity to be bold, but loving. I still haven't made goals for this new year or for the oncoming transfer, but I think that will be a great part of them. I want to get to the point where my will aligns with His will - where I have the hope and faith that He WILL fulfill His promises if I do what I have promised Him! 


Love, 


Zuster Anjewierden



No comments:

Post a Comment