Image Map

11.10.2013

Baptism!!!!

It was incredible to see I get baptized on Saturday, and then receive the Holy Ghost on Sunday! In his blessing he was told that he will have a great influence in bringing friends and family to the light of the Gospel - so neat! It was all very humbling for me because really, all I did was come in, make friends with him, and watch him get baptized. The more I think about it though, the more I realize that's pretty much what every situation is. We're not the teachers, we just have to bring the Spirit into the equation, help them in whatever ways they need help, and then watch them do the changing themselves, through the Holy Ghost. It's the LORD'S work, not ours!

I studied a bit about obedience this week, but honestly, I didn't study it nearly as much as I learned about it from experience. I took Ether 12:27 to heart and asked the Lord to show me my weaknesses... He did, and let me just say, it was very humbling. I keep realizing how prideful I can really be, and how changing that can and will help me to give up my will to the Lord, which I have been commanded to do! I'm looking forward to studying Faith this next week. I feel a lot like the father of the child with palsy - I will definitely be asking for the Lord to help my unbelief so that I can truly have the faith I need to be the best missionary I can be!

Okay I really ran out of time this time. Uhhhhhh pictures next week.

LOVE
Zuster Anjewierden
(from Oct. 28)

No comments:

Post a Comment