Image Map

11.13.2013

Fwd:

That awkward moment when I didn't ever send my draft from last week.... DARN IT. But. I have a little time to write so I shall do that now, and the end is from last week.

So as you may have noticed, we changed our P-Day this week! It was a holiday on Monday so a lot of people were home. We were able to have some great lessons on Monday that would not have worked out if we'd not been able to switch things around. Actually, I would really like to talk about Monday - it was a great learning day.

We were worried in the morning because we had two appointments that we had still not been able to find joint teaches for, what with it being a holiday and all - one that night, which occurred due to a lack of forethought on our part - family night! We prayed that we'd somehow be able to find a joint teach at least for the one in the morning. After our companionship study prayer, we both felt that we should call a sister who lives a block away from the potential investigator who was our first appointment. We called her and she said yes! The second appointment was still going to be a problem, until Sister Clement remembered that there was a sister who puts her children to bed early every night, so she thought maybe they would be finished with FHE. We called her and sure enough, the timing was perfect for her! We were so grateful! I am so glad that we held hope, even though we couldn't originally think of how it would work out. 

The story doesn't end there - our appointments didn't go the way we expected (one potential didn't show up for his appointment, and in the other appointment we had a hard time keeping our potential focused, and helping him understand our purpose as missionaries). But it was a testimony builder for me that even though things don't always go as planned, Heavenly Father hears and answers prayers! :)

I had a wonderful study of hope this week, in which I decided that worry is the opposite of hope. Hope should be just as sure as worry usually is. I'm so excited for my study on charity - I feel like it's something I can really work on! Study it with me, eh? :)


Last week -
Thanks for all the birthday wishes!!! Helaas, due to the fact that I got a ton of emails, I ran out of time to email much here.... SORRY! 

Have a super awkward picture of us at Isaac's baptism!

No comments:

Post a Comment