Image Map

6.16.2014

Progress

Fammmmily. :)
Sometimes weeks come that look really daunting from a distance (two, three weeks before), but then they're actually really fantastic, and not even as jam-packed as I thought previously! This week was such a week. With Mission Leader Council and Zone Conference and other stuff, I wasn't sure how we were going to do it all! But we did, and it was really wonderful!
Sister Verdegem's birthday was this week and the ward was SO great to her. :) We got a dinner appointment the day of! It was super neat. It's been really interesting to have a companion who's a native speaker. We switch back and forth between Dutch and English day in and day out! She's a really incredible teacher, and she's amazing with the members - I'm so glad to have her here!
BIG NEWS - We're invited to ward council! We asked about it yesterday and the bishop said we could come! That's really great. :) It'll be really helpful, I think!
Li. wasn't able to come to church yesterday because her son Gi. is in the hospital :\ He has sickle cell anemia and had an attack last week. We went to go visit them there, and Li. says she'd love for him to have a priesthood blessing. I am so amazed at her - she's really incredible. An acquaintance of hers tried to anti her this last week and she handled it so well! She's still just as strong as she was before - stronger, I'd say. We're going to have to reschedule her baptismal date, but I know she wants this. And needs it. :)
Jy. is getting closer but he has all of these random questions all of a sudden! Mostly things that aren't terribly important, about word usage and such things - He just needs to read and pray about the Book of Mormon! It's amazing how literally everything comes back to that wall of faith - if the Book of Mormon is true, Joseph Smith was a prophet of God, and the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the same church that Christ established, restored to the earth. Ha. also needs to pray about that. He told us on Friday that he finished the Book of Mormon, but still hasn't prayed about it! We made him promise to do so. :)
Zone Conference was amazing! Elder and Sister Boom taught me so much in the few hours that we had to listen to them. I'm super excited to start applying it all!
 
My goal this week is to have better prayers. I pray a lot (mornings, for study, meals, when we leave the apartment, in lessons, etc) but I want to have more meaningful prayers. That's how we really use the Atonement, and I'm currently... Not really using it! So. Wanna work on that. :)
 
Love you all so much!
 
Sister Anjewierden

With my comp. and Elder Castillion.
With Elder Knudsen (also from Bountiful).

No comments:

Post a Comment