Image Map

4.01.2014

Overgeplaatst!

Well, the news is in. I'm headed to Utrecht, where I will be serving with Sister Brown. I've been called as a Sister Training Leader. I am feeling SO humbled right now. Missionary work is hard enough when I only have to worry about myself and my companion. I am so often taken aback by how much the Lord trusts me with... I am excited to do my best to help the sisters in the Rotterdam zone though. And I'll have the opportunity to work in Dordrecht on exchanges, as well as with two previous companions - Sister Thorley and Sister Hudson! :)

Words truly can't express how I'm feeling right now. I'm excited and scared and humbled and nervous and really just a little bit of everything. I'm excited for what is coming, but also sad to leave Turnhout. I'm always surprised at how hard transfers can be. Without fail, no matter how much I prepare myself to leave people (members, missionaries, investigators) or to watch them go (missionaries, investigators), it's always harder than I remember. This transfer is no different - I already miss some of the people I'll be leaving here and I haven't even left yet! It's incredible to me that in just a few months, people can make incredibly strong bonds with those around them - I know that there are people I've met in my 6 months here in Turnhout that will be lifelong friends, and likely even people I will see in the hereafter. That's so amazing to me. Much like learning the language, I've learned that there's nothing that brings people together faster than the Spirit, and the Gospel of Jesus Christ. As hard is it is to leave them, I'm so grateful for those connections and friendships! Because of them, Turnhout has become sacred ground for me.

I don't have much time because we need to go get everything ready for me to leave, but here are a few miracles we saw this week.

-Really enjoyed Zone training! I'm now working on Charity and Love.
-Sl. is SO ready to be baptized. Two more weeks! It'll be hard to miss the baptisms we have coming up but I'm SO proud of these people and the progress they're making. :)
-Jb. should be home! We're trying to get in contact with him but he may be sleeping as he came in last night.
-I am amazed at the charity of this incredible branch. They've done SO much to help us this week. Members truly make the difference. They're so willing to come on joint teach, or to give us food, or to do their own missionary work, or serve those around them. I will miss these people. They're incredible!

LOVE YOU SO MUCH

Sister Anjewierden

No comments:

Post a Comment