Image Map

4.14.2014

Love is what it is all about!

Okay well first off, we've received 3 referrals from the Easter campaign! We're going to go visit them ASAP. I'll talk about them next week.

Fa. had some hard news this week - she found out that her case to stay in Nederland was denied. She's going to try again, with a different lawyer. But... She took it very hard. She didn't come to church on Sunday. We have an appointment with her tomorrow and are praying that her heart will be opened to what the Gospel can do to bring her comfort in this difficult time.

Jy.! Jy. was a former investigator. He's from Ghana and was visiting there for a month and then he came back and we had this AWESOME lesson with him on Saturday! He's so cool. He asked about the gift of tongues, because he grew up pentacostal church and they believe in the gift of tongues as unintelligible mumbling and such, and we talked about how actually the spirit speaks in our language and gave the example of Paul and how he was able to speak to people who he definitely didn't speak the same language as! Or at least not well. So. Then we talked about how it was like us - We bore testimony of how we've seen the gift of tongues in our missions! It was neat. We also asked him why he thinks it's important to be baptized. He said that we're baptized because we believe in Christ, and if we choose not to be baptized, we don't really believe, because Jesus said to be baptized! It was really neat. We set a baptismal date with him for the 24th of May, and we are looking forward to then. :)

I go on my first exchange tomorrow and I'm looking forward to implementing what I learned at District Leader council and Mission Leader Council! I want to do all that I can to help the sisters in this zone be the best that they can, though I'm sure I'll learn tons more from them!

Just a quick spiritual thing - We've been sharing Isaiah 49:15-16 with people and I love it. I love that Jesus loves us so much that He will never forget us. That our "walls are continually before [Him]." I love this gospel of love and I know that it's true - the atonement is love, and that's what it's all about!

I love you all. :) Have a great week! 

Sister Anjewierden


No comments:

Post a Comment