Image Map

7.22.2013

Transferred toooooooooooo

..
...
....
.....
......
........................
DEVENTER!
That´s right folks. I´m training in Deventer this transfer ´round. :)
When the phone rang last night, I knew it. I just did. My heart leaped for joy and sank all at the same time though, because this also means that I have to leave Dordrecht... And Sister Elting. She and I are quite the pair. She´s like my favorite person. Seriously. We´re super similar, but different enough to keep things exciting. Also, she´s hilarious. And I´m hilarious. So. Yeah. For instance, we´re gonna write a musical. A Missionary musical. That´s real. Also, more seriously, we were just starting to reaaally figure out the working in unity thing. Fortunately, we´ll both be here for a while longer, and there´s a chance we can be companions again. I put it in the Lord´s hands. But I just may pray for it... Haha.
 
Well in other news, Redemption Week this week was incredible! We learned so much. Like about prayer! Blessings? Heavenly Father´s already willing to give them to us. WE JUST HAVE TO ASK. That was such a huge revelation for me- I´d not ever thought about it that way. But it´s true! Don´t forget to talk to Heavenly Father like he´s your dad. Don´t just ask Him for stuff, thank Him for stuff. And tell Him stuff! He wants to hear from you!
 
There were so many miracles this week that I don´t even know what to share. Here´s one - The only girl I contacted this week (yeah, it´s super bad) was from Russia and she knew about the church! Elders there taught her English. She asked if we could teach her Dutch! UM YES. It was amaaaazing. We got her number, and she didn´t come to church yesterday, but hopefully we can set something up with her soon.
 
We had a Stake Barbeque last Saturday for Pioneer Day. That was fun! We were super late ´cos we figured we should be out doing work first, but then we wished we´d gone earlier because we were able to talk to some non-members and that was super neat. Also, I felt like I was in Utah for like... Half an hour. It would´ve been more but for the rest of the time we were talking to people in Dutch... That´s not so American-feeling. We talked to these like 12ish-year-old girls as we walked back to the train afterward and they thought it was SO cool that we were from America, and that is was gezellig that we were roommates. Haha. It´s fun to talk to the kids here. :)
 
Well... As usual, there´s not a ton of time, but I hope all is well there! Keep cool in that heat wave I keep hearing about! (it´s like 90° F even though it feels like a million with the humidity, so I don´t envy you Utahns). LOVE!
 
Zr A



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment