Image Map

8.04.2014

Double 2 Double 4

Aug. 4, 2014

Well, I didn't think I'd end up having any sort of transfer patterns, but I will end up with one. 2-2-4-4. 2 in Dordrecht and Deventer and 4 in Turnhout and Utrecht. So that's kind of fun. :) That's right, I'm staying in Utrecht for my last transfer! With Sister Verdegem. :) So... Here we go!
 
I'm grateful for the opportunity that I get to finish out with Sister Verdegem here in Utrecht. I must admit that I had a hard time here at first, but I have truly grown to love this city. And Sister Verdegem, too! We're really becoming great friends so we're both glad we get another transfer to continue that. :)
 
What a miraculous week. We seriously saw some incredible wonders happen. It's amazing how that happens. Generally right when you feel like you absolutely don't deserve it, too. Humility is weird. I can't figure out the balance - either I feel like the "unworthy creature" that King Benjamin talks about or I feel like I'm entitled to things. So... I want to find that balance of "hey, I know that I'm a daughter of God who's priceless in His sight, but I owe everything I have and receive to Him." It's just hard. I guess that's really what we're here on earth for though. To strive for that balance in everything.
 
Li. is still on date for August 16th, but she's struggling with her husband not being supportive. He hasn't told her she can't be baptized, but he's not interested so she feels like there's no point in telling him. The problem is... She has to talk to him about it. :\ We're a little bit concerned. But other than that, she's ready. As far as we can tell!
 
Ib. is incredible. He has this awful, war-torn past, and has every right (by the world's standards) to complain about EVERYTHING, and yet he is humble and realizes that God has helped him through it all. He even told us that he feels like the Gospel is the reason that he had to end up in Utrecht. He LOVES it. He LOVES the Book of Mormon and church and us and just all of it. He got a blessing of comfort yesterday from the Zone Leaders and afterward he just said, "I'm happy." The Spirit was incredible. Another miracle - Sister Chardon came on joint teach to like 3 appointments with him this week. Also once to Hs. Actually she really just deserves her own paragraph, she's basically been our mission mom/third companion this week. she also fed us. And this morning we went on a long walk with her and Sister de Vries along the Krommerijn (river). It was beautiful! Then we ate pannekoeken. I love these people.
 
Hs. is coming slowly. But he's coming. He truly frustrates me sometimes. He has this habit of arguing with EVERYTHING that we say, and questioning very little of what he reads on the internet. He found something about Joseph Smith joining the Methodist church in 1828 and now he's all contentious and stuff again. We're praying hard for him. I really think he'll come around. But when?
Me. is really going through incredible changes. I'm super excited for her! She came to church again yesterday and it was wonderful. She even seemed less bored this time, which is great. We're still going to try to find more ways to help her like it though.
 
SUPER miracle - Our ward mission leader gave us a referral (less active member and his wife). Then invited them to church. THEN THEY CAME! Then tomorrow we're eating with them. So that's super cool! I'm amazed at how much better our relationships with the ward have become. I love these people. :)
 
Well... I'm excited to finish out as Sister Training Leader. I think it'll be nice to not focus on myself as I sprint this final stretch! These sisters are amazing and I'm excited to do all I can to help them succeed!
 
Love you sooooooooo much,
 
Sister Anjewierden
 

No comments:

Post a Comment