Image Map

3.10.2014

Dag, mijn aapjes!

So story behind the subject line. Yesterday we went to visit familie A. and when we were leaving little four-year-old J. said, "Dag, mijn aapjes!" which means, "Bye, my little monkeys!" and it was the cutest thing ever. Hahaha. :)

This was a great week! We didn't quick get our goal of 21 lessons but we DID get 20 again which really was a miracle because Sister Mizell was really sick about half the week. I'm so impressed with her - she worked through the pain and the foggy brain and all of it. I know she was tired and felt really gross but most of the time I couldn't even tell! And neither could investigators or members. But don't worry, I let her rest too! She's still alive!

We haven't heard anything from Jb. yet so we're assuming that everything is going well in the Gambia. He should be getting back around the 24th or 25th of this month. Not too far away, but still not terrible soon either! We're praying for him. 

Sl. is a rockstar. I honestly can't even describe him in words. He is SO excited about the gospel. So excited. The only big thing standing in his way of being baptized March 29th right now is his football (soccer) contract. He plays for Turnhout's team and he has to go to trainings on Sundays. He's so willing to come to church but he's not sure it's going to work out for the next couple of weeks and that's an issue because he's only been to church once (yesterday) and there are only 2 more weeks before the 29th! So. We encouraged him to pray about it and to decide with the Lord what needs to happen.

Ty. is struggling a little bit. But not too badly. He's having a hard time expecting an answer. He's Catholic and he says he likes being Catholic, and really it just sounds like he's a little bit afraid that if he receives an answer that it'll be yes and he'll have to change his life. We had a great lesson the other day about the importance of Priesthood authority and about how faith and hope involve expectations - if he doesn't expect an answer, it won't come. We also talked about the importance of being open for whatever the answer is, whether it's a yes or a no! 

The branch is doing really well in helping to integrate our investigators, which is super neat. That's the intention in the first place but I think sometimes it's hard as a member to reach out to those people you don't know. I'm really proud of them. :) Oh also we had seven people come to church! It was so cool! My very favorite thing was that one of the young men instantly befriended our young man investigator! I was so proud of him. That's what we want for all of the investigators!

We had a cool experience this week where a man called us asking for where the church was. He didn't end up coming yesterday but we do have his number and will continue trying to call him back to set up an appointment!

I loved studying diligence this week, and I think that I've come to the conclusion that every Christlike attribute comes back to trust. Diligence is nothing without trusting the Lord! Also, I really respect the patience of Pahoran. What a good guy.

LIST!
-It's BEAUTIFUL weather here right now. Like... 70 degrees probably. 20°C!!
-Sister Mizell and I got in a bike accident yesterday. We have some nasty bruises but we're fine. The beautiful weather is giving all of the pedestrians this ridiculous confidence that they can't be run over... 
-I heard some GREAT music this week. Just sayin.
-Sometimes I have "off-days" where my hair is gross and I don't like my outfit. Then I go outside and I'm in Europe and everyone looks perfect and then I wish I could just be in the States where other people have "off-days" too. :) Haha. 
-Sister Mizell was sick so Saturday we ended up staying inside for most of the day and it was WEIRD. 
-Pictured below - We got all these eggs from our investigators F. and B.! Super nice! :D



LOVE YOU ALL

Zr A


No comments:

Post a Comment