Image Map

3.28.2013

Put that Popsicle Down and Listen to Me!

HALLO AL DE VOLK!
 
I have 8 minutes so we are going to see how much I can get in here. Woo.
 
First. If you are a missionary, and you would like a real letter, give me a permanent address and I will send one to you. This 30 minutes to email thing is REALLY ridiculous. And I don't mean I disagree with it or anything, just that it's SO SOOSSOSO hard. Haha.
 
Next! Random mix of stuff.
 
I LOVE THE MTC! It is wonderful here. Sometimes the days are long, and sometimes you get up at 5 to do laundry (yeah, that's today, we actually tried to get up at 4 but it didn't work) so you can go to the temple at like 7:30 or 8ish and have a nap sometime during the day... But it is still super fantastic. I've also learned more Dutch in a week than I learned in like the first two years of Spanish. I'm pretty impressed... I don't know that I've got the gift of tongues yet, but I'll let you know when it comes. ;)
My companion, Zuster Hudson, and I have taught... 4 lessons now! It's weird to think that there have been that many! Our fake investigator, Ivan, said he'd think about being baptized when we invited him yesterday! WOOOO! Also, his real name is Broeder Hulme and he's really cool in real life too. So.
 
We have two just two districts of Dutchness. There are six of us in each, and mine is all sisters! It's crazy! And awesome. But crazy! Lots of estrogen going on there.
 
We have 4 teachers - Broeder Norton, Broeder Wells, Broeder Robinson, and Zuster Moses. The former two are my district's teachers and the latter two are generally the other district's, but there's been some switching as needed when certain people are gone or have class or whatever, since they're all students! When I first got here, I had a good hour alone in our classroom with Broeder Norton speaking a bunch of Dutch at me. It was kind of terrifying actually. I learned plenty that day though! And they all speak some English sometimes. So... Yup!
 
Okay I have like no time left. List!
 
-I have seen a million people that I know! It's so cool! :) I've hugged almost every sister that I know, even if we don't know each other well.... It's that MTC love. Seriously. Also. Michael Kamerath. If you are reading this - I've seen Elder Hill! A few times. I'd list the others too but I just don't have time!
-Elder Thornell! I saw Ben setting up for stuff in the gym. Didn't know he worked here! didn't get to say hi!
-I called John the Baptist Johannes de Dooder instead of Johannes de Dooper in one of our lessons... Yeah, Dooder means murderer/killer. Whooops. Haha our investigator was laughing so hard...
-Devotionals are awesome! I wish I could write more about our Sunday one, it was amazing... Maybe next week!
-I will try to include pictures next week!
-There will be a list of advice next week too... Yup!
 
AH I love you all! Also, I love letters... If you're on my blog, my address is under the WRITE ME tab! If you're not...
 
Zuster Kira Lynn Anjewierden
MTC Box # 269
BEL-NETH 0430
2005 N 900 E
Provo, UT 84604-1793
 
Much love,
 
Zuster Anjewierden
 
 



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment